We hope that your preparations for the upcoming Simola Hillclimb are going well, and that you are as excited as we are to be racing again on the Simola Hill!
Please read this communication carefully as we will be filling you in on Important essential procedures and information that have to be followed!
BEFORE YOU GET TO THE EVENT
- You must be on the official Simola Hillclimb notice board on WhatsApp: https://chat.whatsapp.com/D8S75fzJjvY3CqzQCIsKG6
- All competitor communication will be distributed via this platform covering all aspects of the event therefore it is compulsory that you join immediately.
- Entry fees include four entry passes (one competitor and three crew members).
Extra Pit Access Tickets can be bought online ONLY – please remember to buy General Access & Upgrade to include Pit Access, relevant to the days you wish the extra crew to attend. Please remember that they will be classified as Spectators and will need to produce a vaccination certificate/ negative COVID test to get into the grounds.
This applies to SPECTATORS ONLY!
- Our Welcome Centre will be at Trinity Premium Coffee Co. (Corner of Hedge Street & Nelson, Knysna Central). A map can be found here. This is where you will collect your Competitor Armbands and 2022 Simola Hillclimb Cap.
- Scrutineering will take place in Hedge Street, Knysna Central. Find the map here.
- Race Numbers will be handed out at Scrutineering (As per Bulletin 4).
- Entry list: The 2022 Entry Final list can be found here.
- Programme of Events: Please check the latest Event Schedule.
- Read the Regulations again.
AT THE EVENT
- The Event Entrance is here: https://goo.gl/maps/gU9i2wFHESDvtgSP6
- The grounds will be accessible from 6AM.
- MAP – Download access map here.
- PIT ALLOCATIONS: The pit allocations and competition numbers will be as published in the Final Entry List or via bulletin. Classes will be pitted together, car numbers will relate to pit allocation and starting order. Please stick the Pit Allocation sticker on your windscreen.
- CLASSIC CAR FRIDAY competitors:
You may only access your allocated pits from 10h00 onwards on Thursday, 5 May 2022. Classic Car competitors must vacate their pit as soon as possible after the event on Friday afternoon but by no later than 16h30. Trailers / tow vehicles are to be removed from the pit area immediately after the off-loading operation has been completed and trailers are to be moved to the designated trailer park. You will be guided by marshals.
- KING OF THE HILL competitors:
You may only access their allocated pits from 17h00 onwards on Friday, 6 May 2022 due to the Classic Car Friday event finishing at 16h00. Trailers / tow vehicles are to be removed from the pit area immediately after the off-loading operation has been completed and trailers are to be moved to the designated trailer park. You will be guided by marshals.
You will receive 1x P1 per entry. Should you wish to purchase more parking in this area, please buy Pit Priority Parking online here.
Trailers – follow signage directing you to P1.
A FEW MORE THINGS…
- Vendors for food and refreshments will be available in the vendor area opposite the Pitlane.
- For live timing please download and access the Race Monitor app. Race-Monitor is 0.99 USD monthly or 4.99 USD yearly.
- Trophy collection and certificates: Certificates will be handed to recipients during the weekend.
Trophy collection details will be communicated in event week.
- Please tag @SimolaHillclimb and use the official hashtag: #SHC, when posting about the event!
- The event will be broadcast in its entirety on our live stream feed. Follow the links from www.simolahillclimb.com.