Opening of entries delayed

KNYSNA, South Africa, 25 September 2020

We are disappointed to announce that the opening of the competitor entry process for the 2021 Simola Hillclimb has had to be delayed due to the prevailing uncertainty around COVID-19 regulations.

While the organisers had planned to get the entry process underway on 1 October as is the norm, the Level 1 State of Disaster regulations currently in place do not allow for the Hillclimb to take place in its current format with spectators.

We have engaged with the Knysna Municipality to secure provisional permissions subject to national Government directives closer to the time of the event in May. We have had a positive response, but this process will still take some time to be finalised. Once we have these permissions, we will be able to engage with Motorsport South Africa to apply for a permit with the same provisos. Until such time as we have an MSA permit we are unable to open entries.

We are hopeful that we will be able to obtain the necessary permissions and permits soon so that we can get the wheels of Simola Hillclimb 2021 turning.

For more information on the event visit: or email