Simola Hillclimb Coronavirus (COVID-19) Status update 2

Knysna, 24 March 2020

Following the decision to postpone the 2020 Simola Hillclimb shortly after the declaration of the State of Disaster by President Ramaphosa in light of the coronavirus outbreak, our team has been engaged in understanding all the implications of the decision while also engaging with stakeholders to plot the way forward.

Our engagements have included Motorsport South Africa, our sponsor partners, suppliers and municipal authorities.

While at present we cannot be certain of exactly when the situation will improve, we have secured a date in the third quarter of the year from Motorsport South Africa to run the Hillclimb, and we are now liaising with our stakeholders on their availability before we can confirm this date.

We have been asked on the status of tickets purchased. At this stage all tickets purchased via our online booking system – and competitor entries – are being transferred to the postponed event. This may be revised at a later date.

As with many businesses in a position to do so, we implemented remote working last week for all our employees and, with the national lockdown starting on Thursday, our office will be closed until further notice. We will NOT be on holiday and will be open for business albeit in a slightly unusual format.

Going forward we will continue to monitor the situation carefully and heed the advice of National Government, the Knysna municipality and from health officials and experts, as our first priority will continue to be the safety and health of our employees, volunteers, suppliers, fans and competitors.

Thank you for your patience.

Ian Shrosbree
Managing Director